
A Federal High Court in Lagos on Tuesday, further adjourned until June 10, the trial of embattled former Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose, facing N6.9 billion fraud charges.
NAN reports that the case, which was slated for continuation of trial, was further adjourned as Justice Mojisola Olatoregun was said to be on an official assignment.
Trial will now resume on the next adjourned date.
Fayose was arraigned on an 11-count charge by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) on Oct. 22, 2018, alongside a company, Spotless Investment Ltd.
He pleaded not guilty and was granted bail in the sum of N50 million with one surety in like sum.
The EFCC opened its case on Nov. 19, 2018, and had so far called 13 witnesses.
At the last adjourned date, on May 10, the prosecution had sought an adjournment of the case, after it informed the court that its 13th witness, Adewale Aladegbola, seemed to be hostile.
The court consequently adjourned the case to enable the prosecution decide on its next line of action.
According to the charge, Fayose and one Abiodun Agbele were said to have on June 17, 2014, taken possession of N1.2 billion for funding his gubernatorial election campaign.
